Although the humble soap bar is often more associated with handwashing, a high-quality soap is ideal for a special skincare treat.
There are plenty of soap bars out there but if you want a truly luxurious foam soap, then make sure that you look out for quality, natural ingredients.
It should also be suitable for your skin type. This is especially important when you are prone to dry skin.
We put together our favorite 10 luxury soap bars that will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Best 10 Luxury Soap Bars
A luxurious soap bar isn’t just for washing your hands. You should be able to use it for the whole body, and the ingredients should moisturize your skin gently.
Here are our best ten luxury soaps in form of a bar.
Dove is one of the best known beauty and skin care brands around the world. The company makes a range of different soaps.
The beauty bar is a beautiful cleanser that comes in a variety of fragrances. With gentle ingredients, the soap moisturizes and softens your skin.
- Budget-friendly: As Dove is such a big brand, they can offer a relatively cheap price on their luxury beauty bars. This means you can buy a few bars for these soothing bathing moments.
- Suitable for the whole body: You can safely use Dove’s beauty soap all over your body as well as your face.
- Cruelty-free: This soap carries the cruelty-free label which means it hasn’t been tested on animals.
- Contains fragrance: Even the plain version of Dove’s beauty bar contains fragrances, so if you are looking for an unscented soap, then this is not the one.
You can find the Dove beauty bar on Amazon and Target.
This pink soap bar does not just feel beautiful on your skin but it also looks luxurious. Herbivore’s clay soap draws out impurities from the skin which leaves it soft and cleansed.
- Suitable for all skin types: This French clay soap is ideal for all skin types, including oily skin and sensitive skin.
- Subtle scent: Just like its subtle salmon color, this soap bar also has a gentle smell of geranium, rose and citrus.
- A gentle lather: Herbivore’s soap doesn’t foam too much, so you will see a soft and light lather that is gentle on your skin.
- Doesn’t rinse easily: Some customers found that this pink clay soap bar doesn’t wash off easily which means you will need to spend a bit more time on properly cleaning it off.
If you are after a budget-friendly soap that is still gentle on your skin, then we found that the unscented soap from Basis does the trick.
It’s ideal for sensitive skin with the gentle chamomile and aloe vera ingredients, both of which are soothing for the skin.
- Ideal for sensitive skin: With its fragrance-free ingredients, this Basis soap bar is ideal for any skin type, including extremely sensitive skin.
- Recommended by dermatologists: Some customers even had this product recommended by their dermatologist for sensitive skin problems.
- Smooth and silky feeling: We found that this sensitive skin soap leaves a very silky and smooth feeling on our skin.
- Difficult to rinse off: Some buyers noticed that the soap is tricky to rinse off completely.
This is definitely not a standard bar of soap. Made with goat’s milk, Beekman’s luxury soap bar has a similar pH as human skin which means it balances your skin gently.
The goat milk is a natural exfoliant cleaning out pores and allows the skin to find its natural beauty.
- Different fragrances available: Beekman’s goat milk soap is available in a range of different scents, from traditional vanilla to honeyed grapefruit.
- Free of parabens: This soap doesn’t contain any parabens or other harsh chemicals that could damage your skin.
- Good for sensitive skin: Customers with extremely sensitive skin and eczema found this luxurious soap ideal.
- Expensive: Compared to other luxury soaps, this soap bar also has a typical luxury price, so not a soap for everyday use.
You can buy the goat milk soap bar from Beekman directly or Amazon.
While this isn’t a soothing skin bar as the others we looked at so far, this Soft Services soap is ideal for exfoliating skin.
If you are struggling with rough heels or keratosis pilaris, then you can use this soap as an exfoliator up to three times a week.
- Fragrance-free: This soap bar doesn’t contain any fragrances, so you can enjoy it without being bothered by pungent smells.
- Contains shea butter: The soap contains shea butter which is super gentle on the skin.
- Prepares skin for tan products: You can also use this buffing bar to prepare your skin for the application of any sunless tan products.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin: As this exfoliant soap gently removes the top layer of the skin, it isn’t suitable for sensitive skin.
You can get this exfoliating soap bar on the Soft Services website.
These cactus soaps from Nopalera are not just healthy for your skin but they are also handmade.
Cocoa butter and shea butter ingredients leave the skin feeling soft and smooth. Plus, the green color of this soap bar adds a touch of luxury to your bathroom.
- With soothing plant oils: This handmade soap doesn’t contain any palm oil. Instead, it is made with plenty of different natural oils.
- Subtle lemongrass scent: The green color of the soap reminds you of the green tropics where exotic plants are abundant, and it even has a beautiful citrus smell.
- Unusual shape: The shape of this soap bar resembles a cactus as a fun extra special nod towards its handmade origin.
- Not cheap: With all its funky design and as it is made by hand, these special touches have their price.
You can get the Nubian Heritage soap bars in a range of different fragrances but we found the hemp and vetiver bars especially soothing on the skin.
It contains plenty of different natural ingredients that nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Inexpensive: Luxury doesn’t have to be expensive, so you can get the Nubian Heritage bar for a reasonable price.
- Good size: Compared to some other luxury soaps, this hemp soap is a very good size.
- Natural ingredients: Nubian Heritage use a range of natural ingredients that keep the skin supple and don’t dry it out.
- Contains fragrance: This soap bar does have a subtle scent, but you can choose from a range of different fragrances.
You can buy the Nubian Heritage soap bar from Amazon or on the Nubian Heritage website.
Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap is a firm favorite with many of its customers. It does a great job cleaning the skin as well as keeping it moisturized.
- Natural olive oil ingredients: Castile soap is traditionally made out of olive oil, and Dr. Bronner’s soap bar contains plenty of other natural ingredients.
- Different scents available: You can choose from a range of different soap scents.
- Versatile: Castile soap is not just good for your skin but you can also use it for washing up, as a floor cleaner or to do the laundry.
- Strong scent: Customers noticed that this soap bar has a strong smell which might not be ideal if you are looking for a subtle soap.
You can get the Dr. Bronner’s soap bar from Amazon or the Dr. Bronner’s website.
If you have sensitive skin, then this cleansing body bar is ideal as it contains only plant-based ingredients.
- Fragrance free: If you don’t like the overbearing scents of other soaps, then this cleansing soap might be perfect.
- Palm-oil free: This soap bar from Alder New York doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients, such as palm oil.
- Vegan: It is made with plant-based ingredients, so it’s not just good for your skin but also good for the environment.
- Pricey: Compared to some of the cheaper soap bars we looked at, the high quality of this soap has its price.
You can find the Alder New York soap bar on Amazon or on the Alder New York website.
This cleansing soap bar from CeraVe is moisturizing on your skin, and it’s even gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Suitable for all skin types: This soap bar can be used for all skin types, including oily skin or acne-prone skin.
- Affordable: CeraVe soaps are widely available and they are relatively cheap.
- Not cruelty-free: This soap formula doesn’t have the cruelty-free label which means that it may be tested on animals.
You can get the CeraVe cleanser bar on Amazon or the CeraVe website.
What To Look Out For In A Luxurious Soap Bar
When you are looking for a luxurious soap bar, then it’s important that you keep an eye on the active ingredients.
Make sure that there are as many natural ingredients in as possible as these will not irritate your skin.
Also check on the fragrance, as different scents can be a skin irritant which is not just bad for your nose but also the risk of your sensitive skin.
Soap bars are a common commodity but you can spoil yourself with some luxurious bars that are kind to your skin.